Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Three Writers


Explore Ideas

It looks like I'm getting back into the blogging world. I'd like to share with you three writers who have helped shape my thinking over the last five or ten years.

Chris Hedges does a good job of telling us what is wrong and why we are hurtling toward oblivion. The Coming Collapse is a good way to start. He has also written numerous books as well. I'm now reading America, The Farewell Tour. Grim but necessary reading. He also has many videos on YouTube as well. Be warned- not happy or uplifting reading.

Stan Goff is a former soldier turned antiwar activist who teaches us a lot about ourselves many of us would rather not know. Stability is one of the most informative posts I've ever read on line.  He has also written a number of books. Borderline: Reflections on War, Sex and Church took me on a dark tour of military life and some of the history of misogyny. If Stan writes it, know he has done a lot of homework.

John M. Greer writes beyond current sound bite culture about what climate change means for humanity, spirituality and our slow fall back to a post industrial world. There is no one apocalyptic event that casts us back into the dark ages. Rather, it is a long down hill grind. Here is his current blog, Ecosophia. I have read more of his old blog The Archdruid Report, which discusses peak oil and its aftermath.

Do I always agree with these guys? No. Still, I would recommend all three to anyone interested in life beyond yourself.           
 


   

 

No comments: