Saturday, February 8, 2014

Roy Cooper






If you have been paying attention, you know I'm not real big on the current duopoly supposedly running things. That said, I find among Democrats a few here and there who truly have people's interest at heart. I'll support them. Can they make a difference? Time will tell.  I think this guy is one of them. If you want to see what a right wing government looks like in power, look no further than North Carolina, my home state. Cuts to unemployment, health care, education, voter suppression, basically a Tea Partyer's wet dream come true is the result. It was all bought and paid for. The Democratic Party here in the south is really Republican lite. But at least they pay lip service to the poor, the disenfranchised, and the environment. I don't think there is much hope for fixing the two party system. But if there is any, it begins at the local and state level. I'm willing to give this guy a chance.       


No comments: