Saturday, November 3, 2012

Vote Against the Machine! Vote Green!



Frying Pan or Fire? That's the question those stuck in the false paradigm of Democrat or Republican face. Either way, the machine still wins. The two main stream parties both fall well to the right on a political spectrum. I think it may look something like this:

L_______________________C____________( D & R)________ R

Some argue, this is a choice. I disagree. Let's consider the many commonalities of the two main parties. I've argued we basically live in a one party state before on this blog but it is worth revisiting.  Consider the table below:

Issue                                           Democrat                                   Republican
More Wars                                     Yes                                              Yes
Bailouts for Banks                          Yes                                              Yes
Continuing Neoliberalism               Yes                                              Yes
Insurance based health care              Yes                                              Yes
Black energy                                Yes                                              Yes
Demonizing China & Russia  Yes                                               Yes
Hostage to
Citizens United                               Yes                                              Yes
Militarization of police                       Yes                                              Yes
Outsourcing of Government
Functions                                      Yes                                                Yes
Illegal Spying on Citizens             Yes                                                Yes



I see no argument whatsoever for voting for Romney. If you feel otherwise, I'd like to hear it as long as "he's not Obama" is not the main reason. He's the fire in my analogy above. Obama is, you guessed it, the frying pan.  The lesser evil is still well... evil. If you doubt any of the above, please consider the following:

Why I'm Voting Green- Chris Hedges

If You Vote, You Can't Complain Ted Rall

Hillary's Bones Stan Goff

Why I won't Vote and You Shouldn't Either Stan Goff 

I see the points about not voting but I'm not ready to completely throw in the towel. I voted my conscience, and voted for neither mainstream candidate. I went Green.  The only way to end the Duopoly / Oligarchy is to delegitimize it. I believe he only way to do that is stop playing the game all together. There are alternatives. Find one that works for you.

Some say it is a wasted vote. I submit if you do not like the similarities above, yet still voted for either Romney or Obama. YOU are the one who wasted a vote. Why not vote FOR something? Before giving me a ration of shit, read the Green Platform and tell me specifics on why Obama or Romney are better.  


Vote Against the Machine! Vote Green! 



No comments: