Thursday, May 19, 2011

End of the World News Stories...

My my, I better write quickly! It’s all over for us 6pm Saturday. Now, which time zone exactly? A few hours here or there no matter, I still plan to buy my Corvette tomorrow after work so I can have a fun filled last Saturday of joy riding. Most people would agree this is just more religious nut case lunacy but there is another question. Why is this a lead in story on CNN and other so-called news outlets? I view CNN (Certainly Not Newsworthy) as maybe just a slight step up from a tabloid. Other main stream media outlets are about the same (except Al Jazira- no doomsday nonsense there thank you). These fools get the attention while serious threats to our existence like climate change and nuclear proliferation are all too often denied by moneyed interests or simply ignored. Why is this? Well, the dumb ass stories serve as a good distraction from our very real problems. Look at all the fools commenting on it. Hell, I’m writing about it. We love to contemplate our own doom! There is something sublime about watching whole cities going up in flames, sinking under the waves or invaded by zombies or mutants (kudos Hollywood). Such Hollywood movies are entertaining even for an alleged thinking person like me. But for someone to really believe some god or other is going to end the world? It is wrong is so many ways. It is the same old worn out story of a “chosen people.” “We’re going to Heaven and you’re not! Na na nany bobo bobo stick your head in dodo.” Heaven? With these people? I don’t know about you but I’ll pass.

Judgment Day. Now there’s a concept. All of the good people (unless they believe in another religion or no religion) go to heaven while all the bad people go to a bad place called Hell. God decides. Man, I would not want his job! I’ll leave that for the Decider, George W. Does that sound like an all knowing all loving supreme being or some vengeful old fart not getting his way? Now if I were God for a day I’d take everyone else but these morons. Let them figure it out. With the multiverse, it could happen and we would never even have to know! Just click the remote and we are on another copy of the Earth! Now that’s a movie I’d like to see, The Left Behinder bunch Left Behind scratching their balls wondering WTF. Oh, now I’m getting absurd.

Yes, the world as we know it will end one day but not from god. We’ll nuke ourselves, an asteroid with our name on it will show up given enough time, the sun will go supernova, or some other such event. There are plenty of real ways the end will come. When watching this BS ask yourself a question. What is NOT being reported on right now?

But what a fun filled Saturday it could be!

No comments: